Thursday, August 15, 2013

MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS ...REVISED with TWO MORE!!!

As most of you have already noticed, I love music.   All kinds but mostly my heart falls in pure ROCK AND FUCKING ROLL.  Mostly classics from 70s and 80s but over the years I have run across a few songs that I cannot stop listening to....THEY NEVER GET OLD.  I am writing this as there is a song by the Bee Gees my dad used to love and I can listen to it 5 times in a row and it never gets old....to this day.  With that said here is a list of some of the songs I listen to and for some reason they just never tire me out. You will also notice its NOT songs from my all time favorite bands as I like almost everything by my favorites so picking one is ridiculous.   These are also songs that the FIRST time I heard them I was hooked and never looked back.   These select songs are perfect at painting a picture and not many songs can do that.  The CLASSICS always do......ENJOY playing in my mind for a while.
___________________________________________________________________

FIRST is my ALL TIME FAVORITE....I decided this was it as I was driving with my son the other day and it came on and I was like "This is it" spanning my entire music library in my head this is the one song I can always go to if I need to sing loud or smile or whatever.  Its  absolutely perfect.  And because the ORIGINAL is the ORIGINAL its the post....every version of this song is amazing.

The Police "Message In A Bottle" (from the album Reggatta De Blanc - 1979)



The next song is arguably my SECOND favorite song of all time as we were driving through San Diego the first time I heard it and was floored.  STILL today!!!!!!

Foo Fighters "The Pretender" (from the album Echoes Silence Patience Grace - 2007)

________________________________________________________

I had to add these THREE as they are FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

Blue Oyster Cult "Burnin' For You" (from the album Fire Of Unknown Origin -1981)








The Tubes "Talk To Ya Later" (from the album Complete Backwards Principle - 1981)







Metallica "Sabbra Cadabra" (from the album Garage Inc - 1998)







For the next TWO I had to include both of these song as they are both so powerful and fall into the "every time" category....Frusciante is the man for backing vocals and guitar


Red Hot Chili Peppers "Otherside" (from the album Californication - 1999)


Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"  (from the album Californication - 1999)



Toad The Wet Sprocket "Nightingale Song" (from the album Fear - 1991)




R.E.M. "World Leader Pretend" (video from the movie Tourfilm) (from the album Green 1988)




The House Of Love "You Don't Understand" (from the album Babe Rainbow - 1992)




The Replacements - "Alex Chilton" (from the album Pleased To Meet Me - 1987)



Seven Mary Three "My My" (from the album American Standard - 1995)




OK so here we go again with TWO songs by Peter Murphy but I could not post one without the other.....both phenomenal and deep in so many ways....JUST LISTEN

Peter Murphy "Cuts You Up" (from the album Deep - 1990)


Peter Murphy "A Strange Kind Of Love" (from the album Deep - 1990)


Freedy Johnston "Bad Reputation" (from the album This Perfect World -1994)




Oasis "Don't Go Away" LIVE (from the album Be Here Now -1997) 

Just fucking PERFECT!!!!!  came to me at a time in my life when I needed this....





Breaking Benjamin "Diary of Jane" (from the album Phobia - 2006)



__________________________________________

THE ALL-TIME CLASSICS!!!!

Journey "Wheel In The Sky" (from the album Inifinity - 1978)



Heart "Crazy On You" (from the album Dreamboat Annie - 1976)





Bee Gees - "New York Mining Disaster" (from the album Bee Gees 1st - 1967)


.38 Special "Hold On Loosely" (from the album Wild Eyed Southern Boys - 1981)

Scorpions "No One Like You" (from the album Blackout - 1982)








REO Speedwagon "Take It On The Run" (from the album High Infidelity - 1980)





Jim Croce "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" (from the album Life and Times - 1973)







Guns N' Roses "Civil War" (from the compilation album Nobody's Child - 1990)


_________________________________________

OK I could do at least 10 more but you get it.....BONUS below

Warrant "Uncle Tom's Cabin" (from the album Cherry Pie - 1990)




Skid Row "Monkey Business" (from the album Slave To The Grind - 1991)








BONUS 2:   Doobie Brothers "Takin' It To The Streets/Jesus Is Just Alright"  


NOW WATCH THIS......part of the Foo Fighters movie "Back and Forth" and just the best part showing so many live cuts and just amazing.....ENJOY




HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!!!

GO SAINTS!!!






LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...