Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SMILE…The Other Side of Rock Part 1


This is a quick college rock version of the songs that make me grin….and again I know I am missing a bunch, I know I could post 20 R.E.M. songs and Pixies but these just jam and while many are familiar to you that is the point to make you enjoy some tunes while you prepare…….ENJOY


also I tossed in a couple of classics that to this day STILL move me….ex. Peter Murphy and the Sundays

Hoodoo Gurus

“I look in your eyes and it’s understood”



Pixies 
“keeps a smile around a while
he took no fright and jettisoned
we’ll go tonight to hear him tell
‘oh well’”

Psychedelic Furs 
“In the bedroom down the hall
your secrets sleep
it is always late at night
won’t you stay?
why don’t you stay?”

R.E.M…..STILL my favorite song by them…..
“Trust in your calling, make sure your calling’s true
Think of others, the others think of you
Silly rule golden words make, practice, practice makes perfect,
Perfect is a fault, and fault lines change”

The Charlatans UK 

“The only one I know, never cries, never open her eyes
The only one I know, wide awake and then she’s away
The only one I see, is mine when she walks down our street
The only one I see, has carved her way in to me”

BONUS: R.EM….arguably my 2nd favorite song and best version of this!!!
A golden yellow background with dark green impressions of leaves on it and the words "GREEN" and "R.E.M." written on top in black
“I sit at my table and wage war on myself
It seems like it’s all, it’s all for nothing
I know the barricades, and
I know the mortar in the wall breaks
I recognize the weapons, I used them well”

Peter Murphy
“You know the way it twists and turns
Changing colour, Spinning yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry
It cuts you up and takes you high”


Lemonheads 
“Waiting for something to break
Left my heart out to bake
Nothing there in my glass
Wasn’t never made to last
Hope in my past”

BONUS:  Pixies 
“keeping low doesn’t make no sense
sometimes people can be oh so dense
they didn’t want it but he built it anyway”

Hope you enjoyed the quickie ….feel free to add comments….I wanted to add more but I am busy….
Stay safe NOLA
Hurricane Isaac…..You can recover from this one

LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...