Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Smile 2....You Can't Stop Rock And Roll


This blog is dedicated to good taste…..in music
Due to overwhelming response from all of 2 people….Dre and Mike C, I have added some more….and yes this is fucking incredibly awesome.  Put on your helmet and again add more if you want as I know I am missing some but too much is too much and too little just gets you started but doesn’t finish the job.  This is just right…to me at least.
This is the COOL album cover version of this SMILE edition.  FRAME EM if you got em.
And basically its all ROCK since they had all of the legendary covers……and notice the lyrics how deep on most of them….and as far as music…..and yes Journey, STYX and REO qualify.  The REO song is just a classic that never gets old.
…and it begins with one of my favorite rock songs ever…..and the intro the video with kids rocking captures the essence of 80s rock and dedication of metal fans even to this day…..CHEERS
SCORPIONS 
“My head explodes, my ears ring
I can’t remember just where I’ve been”

WHITE LION

“I’ve been drivin’ all night, my hand’s wet on the wheel
There’s a voice in my head, that drives my heel
It’s my baby callin’, says, ‘I need you here’
Ans it’s half past four, and I’m shifting gear”
WARRANT

“They didn’t see me and Tom in the trees.
Neither one believing what the other could see.
Tossed in the bodies, let ‘em sink on down.
To the bottom of the well where they’d never be found”



RAINBOW

“Your words like ice fall on the ground
Breaking the silence without a sound”



TRIUMPH

“I’m tired of playin foolish games
I’m tired of all your lies makin me insane
I don’t ask for much the truth will do just fine
Won’t you lay it on the line”
JOURNEY

“When the summer’s gone she’ll be there standing by the light
Once she’s been to where she’s gone to she should know wrong from right
Is she feeling
Are you feeling
You feeling that way too?
Or am I just
Am I just a fool”

AC/DC    ….there is Bon Scott AC/DC and there is the other guy
“It’s criminal
There ought to be a law
Criminal
There ought to be a whole lot more
You get nothing for nothing
Tell me who can you trust
We got what you want
And you got the lust”
FASTWAY 
“Nowhere To Run
Nowhere To Hide
What You Doin’ To Me
All This Jive”


APRIL WINE……and a killer jam for the last bit of the song

“Get my saddle and tie it on
Western wind who is fast and strong
Jump on back, he’s good and long
We’ll resist till we reach the dawn
Running seems like the best offense
Staying just don’t make any sense”




SKID ROW
“The vaseline gypsies and silicone souls
Dressed to the society
Hypocrite heartbeat and cheap alibis
Can´t get you by that monkey”


DIO
“If we’re evil or divine
we’re the last in line”



JUDAS PRIEST  ….I put the pic of the 45 on here because it rocked

“Making a curve or taking the strain
On the decline, or out on the wain
Oh everybody breaks down sooner or later”


VAN HALENVan Halen - So This Is Love Lyrics
“Goin’ outta my way, know my way around
The grass is never greener an’ there plenty around
All the other girls, they be put to shame
Over the edge and here I stay”



REO SPEEDWAGON …..Ok so I put two on here File:Ridinthestormout.jpg

“Ridin’ the storm out, waitin’ for the thaw out
On a full moon night in the rocky mountain winter.
My wine bottle’s low, watching for the snow
I’ve been thinking lately of what I’m missing in the city.”



File:REO Speedwagon Hi Infidelity CD cover.JPG
“You’re thinking up your white lies
You’re putting on your bedroom eyes
You say you’re coming home but you won’t say when
But I can feel it coming
If you leave tonight keep running
And you need never look back again”



DOOBIE BROTHERS ….One of my all time favorite jams…….listen to all of it….ENJOY
“Take this message to my brother
You will find him…everywhere
Wherever people live together
Tied in poverty’s despair
Are you…telling me the things you’re gonna do for me
I ain’t blind and I don’t like what I think I see”


LETS GO BONUS…..and yes I saw this tour in 82, 83 and 84…..ENJOY

….and as always…..YOU CAN’T STOP ROCK & ROLL…..


TWISTED SISTER
“Like a charging bull, It’s a juggernaut
With steam at full, never to be caught
Incarnate power, roaring from the sky
While others cower,  ROCK AIN’T GONNA DIE”



COMING SOON…..the sing along version and the alternative college rock versions….stay tuned…..
and no clue why this pic but its awesome on many levels…CHEERS

LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...