Friday, May 18, 2012

I cannot hold my tongue or fingers to type any longer....TODAY'S RAP MUSIC



BAD RAP MUSIC

....NO and I will NOT spend much time on this subject....I am posting The GOOD, The BAD & The UGLY of RAP.  I will let you decide but this is MY OPINION.

I have tried and tried to keep my mouth shut because mainly no one really cares and the other reason is the people who like this style of RAP today are too stupid to realize its all the same over and over.  I was driving home yesterday and Ch. 44 on Sirius which is the Hip/Hop played 3 songs and ALL 3 sounded the exact same with just different lyrics. And by the same I mean they all have that slow tempo, the clapping and the slow heavy bass.  I guess this sells today which makes me laugh because the consumers are getting ripped the fuck off.

And even the lyrics have changed from THE GOOD (listed below) to all being about the same thing over and over again.  Also, what is the deal with Uh UH yeah yeah in EVERY song....GOOD GOD MAN WRITE SOMETHING ELSE.

One other thing you will notice is WHY does every song TODAY have to be a collaboration?  Every song is BLAH BLAH featuring Lil Wayne, ETO, Plies, TI and Shaboinking etc.  you get my drift....

Oh and don't forget Kanye because he is in EVERY song.   

I will sound old in a bit but even comments on YouTube reflect my stance.  Just go and read them as you watch and listen to these videos.

CLICK SONG TITLES FOR LINKS TO VIDEOS

THE GOOD

Eric B & Rakim - Follow The Leader



File:Eric B Rakim-Follow the Leader (album cover).jpg

"Follow me into a solo, get in the flow,
And you could picture, like a photo,
Music makes mellow, maintains to make,
Melodies for MCs, motivates the breaks.
I'm everlasting; I can go on for days and days,
With rhyme displays that engrave deep as x-rays.
I can take a phrase that's rarely heard,
Flip it... now it's a daily word."




File:N.W.A.StraightOuttaComptonalbumcover.jpg

N.W.A - Express Yourself

"Ruthless...Is the way to go
They know. Others say rhymes that fail To be original. Or they kill where the hiphop starts, Forget about the ghetto and rap for the pop charts. Some musicians curse at home but scared to use profanity when up on the microphone. Yeah, they want reality. But you won't hear none. They rather exaggerate, a little fiction. Some say no to drugs and take a stand, But after the show they go lookin' for the dopeman. Or they ban my group from the radio. Hear NWA and say "Hell no!". But you know it ain't all about wealth. As long as you make a note to...Express Yourself."





N.W.A - 100 Miles And Runnin'

"Runnin` on but never runnin` out. 
Stayin` wired and if I get tired, I can still try out. 
Hitchhikin` if that`s what it gotta do. 
But nobody`s pickin` up a brother with an Attitude. 
Confused... yo but Dre' never had none to lose. 
One of the few who`s been accused and abused 
Of the crime of poisonin` young minds. 
But you don`t know nothing til you been in my shoes."



File:PublicEnemyItTakesaNationofMillionstoHoldUsBack.jpg

Public Enemy - Don't Believe The Hype


"Don't believe the hype - its a sequel 
As an equal, can I get this through to you 
My 98's boomin' with a trunk of funk 
All the jealous punks can't stop the dunk 
Comin' from the school of hard knocks 
Some perpetrate, they drink Clorox 
Attack the black, cause I know they lack exact The cold facts, and still they try to Xerox. Leader of the new school, uncool 
Never played the fool, just made the rules 
Remember there's a need to get alarmed 
Again I said I was a timebomb"






File:Pete & cl - mecca & the soul brother.jpgPete Rock & CL Smooth - They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y) 
"I reminisce so you never forget this
The days of wayback, so many bear witness the fitness
Take the first letter out of each word in this joint
Listen close as I prove my point
T to the R-uh-O-Y, how did you and I meet?
In front of Big Lou's, fighting in the street"





3rd Bass - Brooklyn Queens


"Squared away.... with my digits and tonight's plans when I feel a crab grab my right hand
Slapped her on the back, tried to calm her
Asking her, "Now what's the reason for the drama?"
Her next move was straight out of textbook
"Haven't we met before?" Giving me a sex look"






EPMD - Strictly Business

"Total chaos -- no mass confusion
Rhymes so hypnotizin known to cause an illusion
Like a magician.. who pulls a rabbit out a hat, son
I pull them all like a .44 Magnum
MC freeze stop look and listen, and try to imagine
It's travellin the speed of light, but everything's motion
is frightening.. plus the thought you alone
You now enter dimension, called the Twilight Zone"









Stetsasonic - Talkin All That Jazz



"You see, you misunderstood a sample is a tactic
A portion of my method, a tool In fact it's only of importance when I make it a priority And what we sample of, is the majority But you are a minority, in terms of thought Narrow minded and poorly taught About hip-hop, playin' all the silly games You erase my music, so no one can use it Step on us and we'll step on you Can't have your cake and eat it too Talkin' all that jazz'"



So how did Hip Hop get so bad?



I used to listen to hip hop when I was younger and the music was entertaining and thought provocative. Now  it seems so loud and disgusting. I cringe every time I see a Lil Wayne or anyone of the other ones on TV. What happened?
Screaming things like, BITCHAZ AN HOEZ GET LOW AN GET ROWDY MOFOEZ!!!!!! isn't talent.

It became commercialized, and corporate, and that's the worst thing you can do to any music genre.

Hip hop, like music in general, has largely been commercialized. Songs are recorded with it in mind to play them at the back ground of clubs or have repeating lyrics so they'll catch on and get more radio play. There is no emotion in music anymore, they are just generic loves songs or rapping about sex and money. NWA, Wu Tang and early 90's rap had much more emotion. Computers dramatically alter everything to the point where the singer sounds much different. It's just a phony, commercialized world i'm afraid.

Much of it is meaningless muttering! Some of it may be fun for dancing, temporarily. Over a long period, can do nothing more than take up valuable space in the brain. In general, it seems like it has became repetitive competition to see who can have the most hoes and glows. I think it has happened because we are so free to BE...whatever it is we decide to be. They talk about that junk simply because they CAN and some are dumb enough to buy it.  Especially when they can become millionares for it. ALL THAT MONEY could be used for more productive things for sure too. I like lyrics to which I can relate. There are still some hip hop artists that talk about the truth of life such as Eminem.....THANKFULLY  Even still, not all the time. It's what the ppl of this sickened society thrive on obviously and unfortunately!!

To understand where it all went wrong is to look back to Lil Wayne and Master P.  Lil Wayne got his style from the Bling Bling Era when everything became so material and rap was all bout "ballers". This was 97-2001. P Diddy was the ringleader of the whole bling bling era, along  with Cash Money Records. Where did P Diddy get the whole "money rules everything around me" thing from...go back just 1 or 2 more years before the bling bling era and you'll find your answer. He may have been extremely lyrical and the best rapper reppin New York, but thats where this all came from. Hes the one that made it all about material things and made it cool to rap about that stuff. He had maybe 2 songs like  Juicy. But even when motivating people with Sky is the Limit, the underlying message was "mo money" in a very material sort of way. He made it so that it was no longer cool to talk about being gutter or poor, you either had money or you were a nobody. This motivated the whole bling bling era.




THE BAD

and for the record I want to like Lil Wayne being from New Orleans and into skateboarding and all but I just can't like how he mumbles over the same beats

Lil Wayne - On Fire
"uh, she hot as hell lets call her helen, fireman to her rescue like 9-11, f-cking right I make her hot, she got the Devil in her, I do whatever with her, hells angel, I pluck her feathers n-gga, I am the firespitter, I start a fire with her,
ok her flames high but I am higher, so high so I invite her up then I light her up, uh,"






Dj Khaled (ft Rick Ross, Plies, Lil Wayne & T-Pain) - Welcome to my hood

"Some are on house arrest, some are on child support
Some of ‘em did they bit, the other half waiting to go to court
Mr Landlord we gon bust your ass with an eviction note
Better have the police with you dog, if you came to repo
I’m talking strip clubs, I’m talking liquor stores
We throw our money round here, but y’all can…"






THE UGLY
and I posted the lyrics straight from the pages to show how dumb and lame they are...and yes I know Lassie is not spelled Lassy (see Tyga)

"It got so bad because amateur's are being considered good" (see below)



Meek Mill - House Party Remix (Ft Fabolous, Wale & Mac Miller)


"I tell em meet me in the bathroom
I her while the water runnin
Her friend knockin at the door
And she screamin out I'm cummin
And my youngin in my other room, up my sheets
She tell em boy don't grab my hair because you're up my weave"







Wacka Flocka - Hard In Da Paint

"I go hard in the muhfuckin paint nigga
Leave you stankin nigga
What the fuck you thinkin nigga
I won't die for this shit or what the fuck I say (Brick Squad)
Front yard broad day with da SK (ba ba ba ba ba ba bow)
See Gucci, that's my mothafuckin nigga
I hang in the Dale with dem hit squad killers
Waka Flocka Flame one hood ass nigga
Ridin real slow bendin corners my nigga"




Tyga - Faded (ft Lil Wayne)
"F-ck is up, n-gga’s stomping in my Chucks
Yeah I make it rain dear, cause I’m all ’bout my bucks
Use the butt up in the front, d-ck up in her cunt
And I put it in her hole, hole in one, putt putt
Ergggh Super McNasty, why you McLovin
When the b-tch call me daddy
Pimp no caddy, she wish she never had me
Treat her like a dog, called the b-tch Lassy"






Yo Gotti - I Got Dat Sack
"in the club goin hard, n*ggas know i got dem racks
in the kitchen whippin hard, n*ggas know i got dat sack
in this b*tch goin hard, n*ggas know i got dem racks
in the kitchen whippin hard, n*ggas know i got dat sack"










___________________________________

NOW LISTEN TO THESE TO HELP YOU BACK TO THE REASON WHY YOU LIKED RAP 
"What a way to go out, out like a sucker
But I'm on track, like a Long Island train conductor
Head on your mission, suckers who be dissin'
Always on my jock like a snake always hissin'
Grabbin' and tappin' me like Luther Vandross
Take me to the bar for the drink and make a toast
Givin best wishes to the best MC
The E the D-O-U-B-L-E
Because I'm housin'"



AND YES this is Will Smith but this song is so HUGE still to me....just a good jam


"It's new it's out of the ordinary, it's rather extrordinary so yo bust this commentary 
A literary genius and a superior beat creator have come together and we made a musical composition which we think is a remedy to cure all the dance floors that's empty 
You wanna dance? 
We got what you want 
Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince bustin out with the brand new funk"

________________________________


ARGUABLY the BEST RAP SONG EVER!!!!





Public Enemy - Fight The Power 
"Cause I'm Black and I'm proud
I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"










Have a GOOD WEEK

AND still freaking love this song....THIS is why hip hop sucks today...NO originality

Queen Latifah ft. Monie Love - Ladies First






LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...