Friday, March 9, 2012


With the weather in Houston being off and on and my kids being sick, dog being sick and so on, I just want to relax to some songs that make me feel good inside.
I guess you can call the first few songs "GUILTY PLEASURES AGAIN" , but you can also not call it shit and just enjoy the music.  Some of these songs are absolutely PERFECT in my eyes and I suggest listening on headphones.
And by the way this is across many genres so just listen.....I have also started to put some of my favorite lyrics ahead of the song to let you feel what I feel when I hear these songs.
ENJOY!!!!! and feel free to comment where necessary.
______________________________________________________________________________
File:Vast.jpg
First time I heard this it blew me off my chair....its freaking powerful!
"I looked into your eyes and saw a world that does not exist.
I looked into your eyes and saw a world i wish i was in.
I'll never find someone quite as touched as you
I'll never love someone quite the way that i loved you"
_____________________________________________

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Especially In Michigan (2006)
This fucking album is so underrated especially the guitar work and backing vocals by Frusciante.REVEL in it because its his last as part of RHCP.
"Throw me in the looney bin
'Cause I can take it on the chin
The cleavage of your pillow skin
(Is moving like a violin)"

BONUS because I absolutely LOVE this song.
Frusciante is to RHCP as Michael Anthony was to Van Halen in the backing vocals category.
"Hot as Hades early eighties ,
Sing another song and make me feel like I'm in love again - yeah
(how i lose the way i am)"

File:Wearepilotsv3.jpg

Shiny Toy Guns - You Are The One (2006)
No clue why I like this song so much I just do .....DON'T JUDGE ME
actually I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG.....80s throwback
"I try - to digest my pride
But passions grip i fear
When i climb - into shallow vats of wine
I think i almost hear - but its not clear"
_____________________________________________



Seriously this fucking song is still fucking amazing.
"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
It's strange what desire will make foolish people do"







_____________________________________________
Whatever you do PLEASE listen to this on headphones as this is one of the most amazing songs on headphones.  So much going on in this song from Johnette Napolitano's stellar voice to eerie sounds in the very back.
Also I could have placed the entire album up here because its one of the most underrated albums of all time.
AND you're welcome
"In another life I see you as an angel flying high
And the hands of time will free you
You will cast your chains aside"
_____________________________________________


SAME applies to the next song except its Peter Murphy's voice with same weird noises in  second verse.....TURN IT UP
ANOTHER one of my ALL TIME favorite songs for so many reasons
"You know the way
It leaves you dry
It cuts you up
And takes you high"



_____________________________________________

GUILTY PLEASURE ALERT!!!!!
This song is just so freaking awesome STILL....prove me wrong and that gay pic on the right is awesomely gay.
"Some people work for a living,
Some people work for fun,
Girl, I just work for you."
File:Wham! Make It Big album art.JPG



FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!
"Now I'm not looking for absolution,
Forgiveness for the things I do.
But before you come to any conclusions
Try walking in my shoes"



_____________________________________________


I know this song is TIRED to some but listen on headphones again....INCREDIBLE!!!
"She gets some static walking through the door
They call her a killer, and they call her a sinner, And they call her a whore
God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in her shoes
Cause then you really might know what it's like to have to choose"
_____________________________________________

Jimmy Page, Chris Slade, Paul Rodgers, Tony Franklin
"They say our life was just a fairy tale
No matter how we try, we must surely fail
But where are they now and could they ever understand
This ivory tower was built on rock, not sand"
_____________________________________________


and for the record.....album covers are just not as cool as the way they used to be
"Love was here and gone like a thief in the night"




_____________________________________________
END WITH THESE TWO

OK maybe this album cover is a throwback but then again so is Grohl
What a GREAT SONG by a band that just NEVER puts out bad music....the ONLY fresh sound from TODAY....and the album version has Bob Mould singing background on it.
"False starts, young hearts get shattered
Pick up the pieces coming down around you
You ran away, ran away, it was right on cue"




"Don't let it go to waste, I love it but I hate the taste
Weight keepin' me down"





GOOD NIGHT KIDS....was it good enough for ya?


LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...