Monday, March 21, 2011

TWO WEEKS IN THE LIFE OF A DUMBASS

MUSIC TO READ TO:

Ozzy - "Bark at the Moon" 




Chevelle - " I Get It"



The Greg Kihn Band - "Breakup Song"



The Smithereens - "The House We Used to Live In"
Front Cover



WHAT A COUPLE OF WEEKs I had.....WOW FUCKING WOW.....I mean first of all it started way back on the 7th and went from there ....



Son's FIRST baseball practice on Monday the 7th and daddy (ME) takes a line drive right to the nose causing me to bleed like a gutted pig in front of all of the 8/9 year olds....

Then, on top of that, on Wednesday it bruises on both eyes to where i looked like an MMA fighter, only without the MMA.



Then three days before our trip to Park City, Utah, my wife tears a calf muscle, basically keeping her from skiing the entire trip.





OK on to the trip, Park City far and away the BEST place to Ski EVER.  Or should I say SNOWBOARD which I decided to do.  Had nothing to do with the HOT Australian girl (artist recreation on LEFT) at Ski Rental who talked me into it.  Not really, but who is going to argue with the voice and the look.

I have never in my life been so disgusted about something than trying to snowboard.  Then to top it off, I go to reclip my board after readjusting and the board takes off....DOWN THE SLOPE...towards a turn which ends at another lift so I think, "COOL it will be right there"....FUCK NO!!!....stoner lift guy tells me...."yeah dude it went past me into that valley...look"   and yes there it was about a 100 feet down up against a tree.   So I have to get it right?   Getting there was easy even though it was mostly POWDER.  Getting back up was WAIST DEEP trying to walk UP the mountain 100 feet with nothing but brittle branches to grab onto.  Oh and the altitude is 8100 feet so I am out of breath.   AND I wore too much clothes thinking it was COLD while skiing (GO FIGURE), so I am SWEATING like a construction worker.


WORKOUT TO SAY THE LEAST!!

Its like 10am at this point and I am DONE!....FUCK THIS NOISE I AM GOING TO GET SKIS.   We finally get to eat lunch and I am OFFICIALLY DONE.....one small problem.....I still have to get down mountain to change to skis.....Of course at this point I fall really hard 3 times, punch snow and finally GET IT to a degree.  With confidence up from ZERO to 48%, I decide the next day I will forego being a pussy and will stick with snowboarding BUT I will take lessons.



I take lessons the next day and all is good?  Even though I got lessons from a Florida Gator, I didnt care if she was a Notre Dame grad dressed in green, I NEEDED LESSONS.
So lessons helped? RIGHT?.....once again......
FUCK NO!!! as Thursday I am cruising along with the wife who is skiing like her leg was reconstructed BIONICALLY,  but I am not feeling it as HOT but DUMB Australian Ski girl gave me too small of boots and my feet felt like a constant HOT FOOT.  Well I lost it at one point, trying to avoid some dummy standing in middle of run probably talking on phone, fell backwards slamming my head into the ground...THANKS to my helmet I just bit my tongue, hurt my jaw and a mild concussion.





So FRIDAY I head back to Houston with 7 other guys and we proceed to play cards the night before the race and get wasted.  NOT A GOOD IDEA....thanks to aspirin I lived to do the Saturday WARRIOR DASH, which I must say is very cool and everyone should do it BUT if you do run the race YOU NEED TO TRAIN as the running (NOT THE OBSTACLES) is what will kill you.  And what is better than a GIANT BEER awaiting you at the end.  Cover band played some Rush so all was good.  A little BW3s and some more cards and the weekend was over .....JUST LIKE THAT....

ONLY to get home and see Stringer Bell get killed on the Wire (and YES I know I am 6 years behind, but I am catching up on the BEST SHOW ON TV after Dexter and Justified)





That is ALL I have now but glad to be home and back with my killer family...back to the grind again.....

GOOD TIMEs.....CHEERS!!! (ME on left)










gratuitous cheesy pic of women taken by stalker at LSU game....*NOT ME.....the LSU Golden Girls


Excellent column @
 Jason Whitlock hits it out of the park

LSU 12-0 We're takin' over this town

It's the weekend and time for 12-0 LSU Tigers.....let me say that again.....The 12-0 LSU TIGERS to travel to Atlanta to take ...